Keystone State Literacy Association – Teacher Educators (KSLA-TE) Council of Keystone State Literacy Association (KSLA)
Strategic Plan 2016-2018
The mission of PRTE is to facilitate the professional collaboration of reading professors in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in order to support each other’s research and practice as well as to monitor and to advocate for the certification standards of reading professionals and to influence those standards with current research and practice.
- Network and collaborate on research and practice.
- Survey membership regarding conference topics of interest to them. Use Survey Monkey if possible. Collaborate on position paper(s) relative to reading professionals’ practice or their preparation.
- Revise bylaws to include roles and responsibilities of officers
- Create Action Research Award and present the first award at KSRA in 2017
- Continue to advocate for the Reading Specialist Certification
- Finalize the bylaws and vote on them
- Host a research round table (open to all Literacy professors) in Spring, 2018 (could be connected to our PRTE spring meeting)
- Invite area Reading Specialists to a meeting and discuss how our graduate programs can best support their needs